Diesel Torque chip

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
kobus louw
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero Gen4 GLX

Re: Diesel Torque chip

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for the comments.
As I said, hardcore engineering work for me.
Thanks, Thabo, I will visit Dastek.
Mike, At least you can confirm positively on Consumpsion and Power.
Lock, it seems to me you have never run those long tedious dunes in the Namib that feels neverending, and with the Pajero forced back to 1st gear with the tiptronic function and you holding thumbs that the revs stay above 3000, then you do not need "Low Down Grunt".You need a little extra on the higher end.
We had a super duper Luderitz to Walvis trip where the pajero did not dissappoint! There was also very positive feedback from the tour guides on the Pajero: "They might not be the high flyers, but is super reliable and will always get out of trouble".
I still love my vehicle and will see a lot more of the outdoors with "Old Faithfull"
Cheers.

Old Man E Suspension
Extra Fuel Tank
Self Installed Dual Battery System
Front Runner Roof Rack
Ja
JacoRoos

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:26 am

If anybody is interested I have a Unichip in my 3.8L Pajero that I want to remove
RoelfleRoux
Vehicle: 2008 3.8V6 LWB Pajero

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Jaco, why remove?
Which 3.8, Gen 3 or Gen 4 MIVEC?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Runner
Ja
JacoRoos

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Gen 3. Im going to replace it with Diesel torques petrol power chip. Ive had it for 6 years with zero problems but Diesel toque has designed one specifically for petrol vehicles
Stevevsr
Vehicle: 2012 Pajero Sport 3,2 fitted with Dastek Unichip.

Dastek Diesel Power Cchip

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:46 pm

I am the proud owner of a 2012 Pajero Sport with the 3,2 diesel engine, the vehicle currently has a recorded 59,300kms and is used mainly on medium to long highway journeys.
Following quite a bit of research online in respect of the various diesel power chips that are available I eventually decided upon the Dastek UniChip. This is the same chip as the one fitted by Steves Auto Clinic except when fitted by Dastek it is around R1,500 less in price.
I arranged a “waiting appointment” with Dastek in Pretoria as if you intend to wait for the vehicle you have to book two - three weeks in advance. I was very impressed with the service at Dastek the staff on reception took their time to explain the various options available to me in respect of the fitment and I eventually decided upon a permanent installation. The other option was the plug and play version which uses the same chip except it can be removed if required and costs quite a bit more.
When looking at the engine there is nothing that shows that a chip has been fitted, in fact I have no idea as to where they have fitted it such is the neatness of the installation. I can only assume that it has been fitted near to the vehicles ECU.

The waiting area is clean and comfortable and has a free coffee machine for the use of their clients. Fitment and tuning took around two hours and I was given a graphic print out showing the increase in power at the back wheels, the increase was around 18%.
More importantly the difference when driving was immediately noticeable and the increase is smooth throughout the rev range. I have to now constantly check my speedometer as with the increase in power being so smooth it is quite easy to exceed the speed limit as at one stage whilst driving home I was traveling at 175kph instead of my usual 130kph.
When cruising at 130kph my old consumption was around 10.8L/100km it is now down to 8.6L/100km and should I drop the speed to 110kph the consumption drops to 7.9L/100km.

The vehicle is now due for its 60,000km service and according to the fitment engineer at Dastek I should following the service be able to improve upon these consumption figures.
I am so impressed with the improvement in both performance and the fuel consumption that I intend to have the same power chip fitted to my company bakkies as each bakkie averages around 5-6,000kms per month and based upon these fuel savings I should be able to recoup the cost of the fitment within the first year on each vehicle.
Sk
Skillie

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:43 am

Hi All,

I still have a Unichip plug and play version which I used on my 2005 3.2 Pajero DiD available

As far as I understand they can be re-programmed for you vehicle

Make me a offer, I have no idea what they are worth
kobus louw
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero Gen4 GLX

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Folks
This topic was, sort of, left in mid-air with no real outcome.

I asked the question:
"... the balance between "More Fuel for more power" VS relative good economy/Fuel consumption and NOT sacrificing reliability and engine life."

Claims of increasing power to 140Kw and Torque to 440Nm was made and my question was: Can the engine handle it?

Well, now I can answer my own question!!

Looking at the specs of the new Pajero, what do you see?... 140Kw/441Nm. As far as I know, it is not a new engine!!

This tell me that the manufacturers was previously just super conservative and has decided that this same engine can do a lot better.

In the mean time I did not fit a Chip, but took my vehicle to Mitsu Boksburg who did "Software Mapping" with great result.

I did a dune trip again and could feel the difference. Where I battled a little bit was my own incompetence and not the ability of my vehicle.

Fuel consumption on day to day driving has improved significantly and freeway driving see fuel consumption as low as 9L/100Km.

Happy 4 x 4-ing
Old Man E Suspension
Extra Fuel Tank
Self Installed Dual Battery System
Front Runner Roof Rack
Brucem
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2DID 2004

Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Skillie wrote:
Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:43 am
Hi All,

I still have a Unichip plug and play version which I used on my 2005 3.2 Pajero DiD available

As far as I understand they can be re-programmed for you vehicle

Make me a offer, I have no idea what they are worth
Hi Skillie I have a 2004 3.2 , does this chip really make a difference to the performance? Regards Bruce Morgan 0833837238
Bruce Morgan
Tel:0833837238
brucem@greatsoft.co.za
Brucem
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2DID 2004

Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:09 pm

kobus louw wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:14 am
Hi Folks
This topic was, sort of, left in mid-air with no real outcome.

I asked the question:
"... the balance between "More Fuel for more power" VS relative good economy/Fuel consumption and NOT sacrificing reliability and engine life."

Claims of increasing power to 140Kw and Torque to 440Nm was made and my question was: Can the engine handle it?

Well, now I can answer my own question!!

Looking at the specs of the new Pajero, what do you see?... 140Kw/441Nm. As far as I know, it is not a new engine!!

This tell me that the manufacturers was previously just super conservative and has decided that this same engine can do a lot better.

In the mean time I did not fit a Chip, but took my vehicle to Mitsu Boksburg who did "Software Mapping" with great result.

I did a dune trip again and could feel the difference. Where I battled a little bit was my own incompetence and not the ability of my vehicle.

Fuel consumption on day to day driving has improved significantly and freeway driving see fuel consumption as low as 9L/100Km.

Happy 4 x 4-ing
Hi Kobus

I have a 2004 3.2 and when it is really loaded Rooftop plus water plus extra fuel I struggle a little in the dunes, Would you do the software mapping or the Chip upgrade, I am really not sure what the differnce is? Regards Bruce Morgan 0833837238
Bruce Morgan
Tel:0833837238
brucem@greatsoft.co.za

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register