2001 3,2 D-id LWB pajero ABS light on/off + orange center diff light

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
NORMANWAIT
Vehicle: Pajero 2001 3.2 D-i-d 5 Door

2001 3,2 D-id LWB pajero ABS light on/off + orange center diff light

Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Good day all

Bought the family a 2001 model 3,2 Did LWB with 215 000Km as a recreational toy.

Engine runs very smooth and gearbox shifts comfortably and smoothly, thus I do not expect any issues there.

BUT, yesterday when we brought it home from Cape Town to Riversdale, we noticed a couple of "issues" which have not shown up during our 18 Km test drive.

The ABS light came on, brakes were working fine though, but obviously no ABS assistance.
stopped, switched the vehicle off and restarted. The light was off for about 50Km and came back on again. We stopped for coffee eventually, thinking that the light will go off again after restarting, but lo-and-behold it came back on and remained on for the entire journey further.
(Might I mention that I had the cruise control on and the light came on when I braked for a corner. After the first reset, it happened again while on cruise control. The 3rd time I DID not have the cruise control on when out of the blue it just showed up).
This morning when going to the supermarket the ABS light was off but came back on later the day while my son was driving to a friend.

Thus, my issue, the light comes on, resets sometimes and then sometimes it comes on and remain on. any ideas out there?

Also on our drive from CT around 100Km out, I noticed the orange centre diff light flashing and the 2 green, back wheel lights- which were showing earlier, was off.
This rectified itself after the restart after our coffee break and did not represent itself again.
Any ideas on this, please?

Norman Wait (the surname does not denote the patience...)
Oupa
Vehicle: 2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 GLS SWB

Re: 2001 3,2 D-id LWB pajero ABS light on/off + orange center diff light

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi,

Had the same problem, agents informed me to have brake booster replaced and some stories about sensors.

Long story short, brake switch replaced at R466 from agents. problem solved. :D

Regards

Riaan
NORMANWAIT
Vehicle: Pajero 2001 3.2 D-i-d 5 Door

Re: 2001 3,2 D-id LWB pajero ABS light on/off + orange center diff light

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:35 am

Hi Rian
Thanks for the feedback.

Just need to know, was it a specific sensor on a specific wheel? I had it at an auto-electrician and he 'fault-finded' it to the right front wheel. Cleaned the sensor and asked me to test it, but alas, it came back on again. I guess the next step will be to replace it.
But not sure if it's only going to be the right one only.
Will appreciate your input.

Thanks
Norman
Norman Wait (the surname does not denote the patience...)

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register