Pajero 3.0 V6 Gen 2 LWB

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Bu11d0g-WP
Vehicle: 1993 Pajero 3000 12v

Pajero 3.0 V6 Gen 2 LWB

Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Good afternoon folks
Just bought my first Pajero
1993 3.0 12v, 6G72

A few questions if you don't mind.

1) I have owned 3 1999 onwards Colt 3.0 V6 24 Valves. Except for the Auto one I averaged 6km/l. The auto was 3km/l
The Pajero is gave me 5km/l on the first tank. Is that relatively normal?
2) I have been told that a Unichip works well on these vehicles to bring in power at lower RPM, and that this too will help with
consumption. The Pajero will be used mainly as a toy and a camping vehicle.
3) I am looking for a used aluminium roof rack, these Pajero's are all gutter mount.

Thanks in advance
William (Bulldog)

V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Pajero 3.0 V6 Gen 2 LWB

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:12 am

Welcome.

You cannot have both. Power or economy ?, it is either one or the other. As for remapping rather save the money and put it in the tank. If fuel is going to be a worry then sell the V6 and buy a diesel. Me, I prefer my bus to drink from the Right side of the pump, not the Dark side. People I know have had their cars modified for what you describe, first report very good results, but then fuel consumption reverts back to what it was as the driver falls back into his "bad" driving habits. Remember, that the petrol Pajero is not exactly light on its feet, as for round town, don't do it, it is not designed for that, you will cry at how soon you have to fill up, every 350/400 kms. Open road, cruise on, settle back and enjoy the ride. Just watch out for the Kalahari Ferrari's on the roads this Christmas. I just came back from the coast on business, and Double Cab drivers are the pits, they seem to think that being in a huge car makes them invincible, as witnessed by the speed and unbelievable overtaking these drivers seem to do.
Attachments
arp-1sx197.jpg
SpeedFanatic
Vehicle: Pajero

Re: Pajero 3.0 V6 Gen 2 LWB

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:36 am

Is going for a Diesel Car better than Gasoline One?
V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Re: Pajero 3.0 V6 Gen 2 LWB

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Sorry.
But I have absolutely no experience with Diesel power. i have reached my late 60's and have never owned a Diesel, I have driven, but call me unimpressed, there is something comforting in plugs, PETROL injectors, and a quiet motor at idle. That and having a redline North of 6 thou. Have you ever taken a Diesel close to the redline ?, sounds like Armageddon, as in I'm a gettin out of here, before it goes bang. Years of motorcycles and cars have taught me, a bit of mechanical sympathy and all is good with any petrol motor. Waiting for a Diesel to spin up, no thanks, turbo shutdown, yawn, heat soak, etc.etc.
Maybe one of the more learned Diesel people can comment here on the merits of a Diesel, but I remained unconvinced.

"There is no fate but what we make". John Conner. Terminator Salvation.

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register

Latest Posts