Long Range Fuel Tank in Seatwell

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
royl
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB 2008

Long Range Fuel Tank in Seatwell

Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:33 pm

I am looking for a recommendation for a firm in greater Cape Town to make and install a L R Tank to fit into the space where the 3rd row of seats go.

I have owned my 2008 Pajero DiD LWB since new, now on 200 000 km and have done many trips to Namibia, Bots, Zim, Zambia, and local. I now want to put a BunduTop tent on the roof, leaving no space for jerry cans.

There are some accounts, both here and in Australia, of owners installing a +-85 litre L R Tank in the space left after removing the 3rd row of seats,so it does look doable.

The only issue I have seen raised is the one about carrying diesel inside the vehicle. I don't see this as a problem. There are tanks available that sit under the vehicle but I don't want the clearance to be reduced.

If you have any suggestions as to who you think could do this for me in Cape Town I would be most grateful.

cloyd
Vehicle: Pajero GLS

Re: Long Range Fuel Tank in Seatwell

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Royl,

Yes it can be done. In my 2004 I have a stainless steel 100 lit tank. It (has been in for years without problems. It has it's own pump and filter, switch and gauge and uses the normal filler (selectable) to fill up. Unfortunately, I am in Pretoria. Photographs not available - I shall have to remove the tank to get proper photos.

Cloyd.
royl
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB 2008

Re: Long Range Fuel Tank in Seatwell

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi Cloyd. Thanks for your response. Roy

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register