Road condition from Gobabis (Namibia) to Etosha

Advice on the HOW of overlanding, camping and caravanning. Travel location is discussed elsewhere
Wi
Wilddog

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Hey guys,
Planning a trip up to Etosha at the end of April. :D yay!

Ive done a lot of travel through Nam but never got to Etosha. I decided to head straight to Etosha and spend the time in the reserve so I will use the trans khalari route to Gobabis.

Can anyone advise the condition of the C30 through Steinhausen, Hochfield, Otjosandu to Otjiwarango? from Gobabis

The main road heads to Windhoek and then north to Etosha, which looks like a really long way, The C30 is a shorter route, but is it quicker? or perhaps just more interesting.....

any advice will be greatly appriciated.

Ge
GertM

Re: Road condition from Gobabis (Namibia) to Etosha

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:51 pm

The main road heads to Windhoek and then north to Etosha, which looks like a really long way, The C30 is a shorter route, but is it quicker? or perhaps just more interesting.....

You've answered your own question! :D

Lekker ry!
Wi
Wilddog

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am

You've answered your own question! :D

Lekker ry![/quote]

Yeah! guess your right. well, I will know the answer to my question soon. :P
Wi
Wilddog

Mon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Hey Guys,
Got back from Etosha on Sunday. what an awesome trip, The paj was chimeing and didnt have so much as a flat tyre.

I will post a full trip report later this week.

The C30 I enquired about! its an great gravel road most of the way and saves plenty of time and Km's (I know because I had to go via Windhoek on the way back). I came across warthog, Kudu and Gemsbok all the way up the C30. lots of dust though so be careful if your in convoy.
Jonosav
Vehicle: Pajero GLS LWB

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm

We did the trip last June. Great road, good timesaver! Speed limit is 100 in most places but caution should be used! Slow down in the dips - we hit a nasty bump that nearly ended our trip, my trip report is on 4x4 community forum - jonosav

Return to “Overlanding, Camping and Caravanning Advice”

Login · Register