After market radio

cedric
Vehicle: 2002 Pajero 3,5 GLS

After market radio

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:16 am

I have a Gen 3 SWB and want to replace the original radio, so as to have BT. However there is the button on the original radio that adjusts the digital display for consumption etc, how does one overcome this when fitting a after market head set. I think this has been discussed before but I am unable to find the thread. Tks,.

V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Re: After market radio

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:14 am

Fear not. I did mine a few months, ago, double din, non-touch screen. You will only lose the RDS (Radio Data Display) display, everything else is good to go.
Attachments
STFU.jpg
V for Vendetta

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:32 am

This was a previous posting.

Just as a side issue, I also got from the same people a, Pioneer Double Din unit and the wiring harness adapter. Apart from splicing the new units wiring to the adapter (same colours as original car wiring), do not believe the internet, it tells porky pies.
My bus is the gen 3 SWB. Apart from some light machining of the plastic surround, both the climate control and to get the Double Din cage in place, it is not plug and play (Physically). The fascia where the unit fits in is slightly curved. IT WILL NEVER SIT FLUSH.
You will always have a small gap of approx. 2 to 3 millimetres on both sides. Oh, and remember to spray the cage satin black where the unit fits in at the top, this is to disguise the bright metal finish of said cage.
Otherwise it works perfect, better sound, BlueTeeth, USB ,single CD, NON TOUCH SCREEN, I'm old school, i have a touch screen in my company car and it's a PITA, especially with sausages for fingers, buttons are so much better at my advanced stage of age, besides in my defense, I was left unsupervised.
Attachments
Yes.jpg
cedric

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:21 am

Thank you for the most informative reply. However it does not mention that control button on the original which alters the consumption, km to go etc. It is not a critical function but it is sometimes good to know approx how many km still left in the tank.
I also have a Gen3 shorty and will probably only fit a single din. Just want better sound. Thanks again.
V for Vendetta

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:50 pm

The display works as normal, you can toggle between, fuel, date/time, fuel, altimeter. the only difference is the RDS display goes AWOL. But the new head unit shows the info for the stations anyway, so no hardship there. As for the fuel, I fill up when the light comes on. I had the happy distinction of have owned both the Kawasaki KH 750 and 500 two stroke triple, and they drank fuel like nobodies business. The 3.8 V6 is positively tee-total compared to those animals.
Try 15 liters in 90 kilometres. It wasn't air cooled, it was PETROL cooled. Many a happy time trashing the dogs testicles off it. The folly of youth. But what a time to be alive in the 70's
cedric

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi,
Thanks very much. That helps a lot.
I am more a BMW man, had a K1300S, sadly no more but many moons ago, and this will show my age I had a Suzuki 2 Stroke Triple 500, that drank fuel and oil. :lol:
Cheers.
V for Vendetta

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:18 pm

Glad I could help.

My "babies" consisted of, 76, Z900, Rickman 125 6 Day Enduro, Last of the Norton Commando's, last of the Triumph Trident 750 triples, 76 Laverda Jota, gear change on the RIGHT side of the bike, Mark 1 Guzzi Le Mans, RD 350 Yamaha, Honda 400 Four,
both the 125 and 185 Suzuki twins. Triumph Tiger 1050, Speed Triple 1050, Bonneville Speed Twin. Too many broken bones and discs removed out of my spine have left me with constant pain. Would I do it all again ?, you better believe it.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks it's head out of the window.
Attachments
Bass Ass.jpg
OBELIX123
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 3.2 DI-D GLS 2011

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Yeah the 70s
Amazing who hides behind Pajeros.....
The Guzzi Le Mans was my dream in the 70s but I sadly only drove the Yamaha Twin 650 and thereafter the Yamaha 500 twin.
I did not loose vertebrae or break bones or spent time in ICU's but had two very near misses in a beautiful S-bend with dogs at +/- 100 and at nearly 45 degrees. I was shaking for hours afterwards........
Sadly , my wife then put her foot (feet) down. She would not even tolerate a VESPA.....
Last edited by OBELIX123 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OBELIX123
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 3.2 DI-D GLS 2011

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Would anybody know whether the typical Pajero sound system plus the unit showing the altimeter, compass, consumption etc etc fit the Pajero Sport 2010 ?
The previous owner fitted a Kenwood System but I would like to go back to the original.
V for Vendetta

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:50 am

Sorry but I have no experience with your vehicle. No doubt someone else will be able to help you.

That is why i never married. You have to be able to live with your own company and not rely on others. I traveled all over Europe in the 70's following the Bike GP, the BIKE 24 races at Le Man and Paul Ricard. Sex, drugs and rock and roll and not necessarily in that order. That is one reason I had some many toys, I only sold the vast majority back to Europe and America a couple of years ago. As for my injuries, drugs and alcohol was involved. Youth is wasted on the youth. You actually become quite selfish, besides, when I'm at home I don't have to share the remote with anyone.
Don't get me wrong, I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.

Besides, come the Dec 10, light the fires and kick the tyres, cruise set at 110 km and off to the coast till the middle of Jan, I'm going to be a complete vegetable, reading, chilling, flying my kite, swimming in all the rock pools up and down the North and South Coast.

Live long and prosper.

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register