Free Flow Exhaust?

Jono
Vehicle: 2002 3.2 Did SWB manual Pajero

Free Flow Exhaust?

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:02 am

Hi everyone.

I have a 2002 Did SWB.
I was wondering if there are any performance advantages of installing a free flow exhaust. Does it improve fuel consumption, increase torque or does it just make more noise? Is it worth it?

Thanks

joepanels
Vehicle: 2006 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Re: Free Flow Exhaust?

Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:08 am

I put one on my petrol 3000iV6 Colt, and it was a different vehicle. I had it done by SAC (Steve's Auto Clinic) and I was very impressed at the time.

I eventually replaced the Colt with a 2006 3.2 DiD Pajero and duly carted the Pajero off to SAC for the same treatment. They did some dark magic to the computer (but did not "chip" it), removed the cat, deleted the EGR and replaced only the exhaust manifold downpipe. They advised that the benefit from replacing the entire exhaust system would be marginal when weighed up against the cost, so naturally I declined to spend the money. I could certainly feel the difference in power in "pull" on the Pajero and comfortable cruising went from 110 to 130km/h.

I have no affiliation with SAC, other than that mentioned above, but I on both occasions I was well pleased with the service and the results.

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register