SRS light illuminated as you start the car.

richardmac
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero

SRS light illuminated as you start the car.

Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:01 pm

Good morning all,
I have a gen 3 2001 diesel.
I have three issues, SRS dash light has come on and staying illuminated, the engine light comes on after I have driven 25 odd km, and I have the centre orange light flashing which comes on immediately once started.
I have replaced all five switches on the transfer box two years back and have also tested the two solenoids below the air filter box.
I have had the car in with an auto elec who replaced various relay switches.
I collected the car from them to go on holiday, still to find these three lights staying illuminated.
This all seemed to have happened after I drove the vehicle in 4 H on a wet surface a while ago, not sure if could be related.
My actuator was also replaced on the side of the gearbox. It gave problems and I replaced it with a secondhand one that has worked well, not sure haven’t checked it again.
Has anyone else had issues similar to mine?
Thank you

Mitsu Fan
Vehicle: Pajero Gen 4 2015

Re: SRS light illuminated as you start the car.

Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:22 pm

You seem to have covered all the usual gremlins which cause this problem.

Unless one of them is playing up again.

But that SRS light is an oddity. That would mean one of your airbags is faulty, or the clock spring is playing up.

In order to get correct answers and remove guesswork, I really would suggest hooking up a diagnostic plug and play module to give you the relevant error codes. Then you can attend to the direct causes.

Good luck
richardmac

Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:01 am

Thank you very much for your reply
Much appreciate, I will do the diagnostic test to try and ascertain the SRS light.
richardmac

Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:03 am

Thank you very much for your reply
Much appreciate, I will do the diagnostic test to try and ascertain the SRS light.

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register