Page 19 of 23
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:49 pm
by RoelfleRoux
Nothing wrong with getting a bulldog American Tort lawyer and ripping Mitsu for a coupla hunderd million bucks.
Or you can join us and just go the DIY route (on John's back). I'm sure we could even have a few companionable beers while we're at it.
I think all we have to decide is who to invite: the motoring media or Braam from Mitsu....... or both!!!
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Runner
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm
by PWP
Hi Gents
Is this dash rattles also applicable on the GLX?
Be blessed
Piet Prinsloo
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:18 pm
by RoelfleRoux
Hi Piet. I don't think there is a pattern. Each one has its own mind.
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Runner
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 pm
by JohnG
Hi Piet
There are 2 things that i find on the dash.
There are 2 rattles that seem to eminate from either the cabbyhole or the speedo cluster.
Then there is the dash shake.This is the one most are irritated by.It is only noticeable on very bad roads where you can see the dash move.
What is your issue?care to share?
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:36 pm
by JohnG
I will be in JHB on the 31st of january to do some dash fixes for anyone interested.let me know on this thread.
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:59 pm
by RoelfleRoux
I think I'll use the opportunity to promote the Tie in the Dots excursion
Sent from my GT-I9305
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:11 am
by RoelfleRoux
I'll chat to Frik on this forum. He recently bought a lovely late model 3.8V6 SWB. I don't know if he is happy with his dash.
Sent from my GT-I9305
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:05 pm
by NormanArch
Hi John,
I have a 2010 GLX with a dash shake on rough roads or jolts.
I am interested in your saying that you will be in JHB on 31 Jan 2015 to do installations.
Is this service available to anyone?
If so what are the necessary arrangements, venue and cost implications associated with the service.
Regards,
Norman Archibald
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:10 am
by JohnG
Hi there
we are getting together in lonehill at a friends complex.We set a limit of 10 cars but i believe we have a cancellation or 2 so I will gladly put you on the list.
Will keep you posted here by PM
Re: Gen 4 dashboard support brackets
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 am
by Dave
Hi John,
I am about to buy the new Pajero GLS (still a Gen4 with a facelift). Do you know if this new model also has the dash shake problem? (My 2010 Gen 4 was a disaster!)
Regards,
Dave