CK Roofrack size?

Your bog standard Pajero not quite what you want it to be?
Th
ThePajeroMan

CK Roofrack size?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 am

Can somebody help?

What is the size of the roof rack for a CK LWB and the SWB?
Are the GLX and GLS RR the same size?

I see there are quite a few secondhand RR available in the market for Prado's etc. will these fit?

Thanx

Gerrit Loubser
Vehicle: 2003 Pajero Gen 3 DiD LWB A/T

Re: CK Roofrack size?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 pm

I am not sure about the SWB, but I have a 2.2m Frontrunner roof rack that I have had on my Pajero GLS LWB (it is on the Patrol now). The 2.2m rack is on the large side; a 2.0m item would be perfect. There should be no difference between the roof racks for the LWB GLS and GLX models.

If you get a rack from another car (e.g. Prado), the actual rack will definitely be useable, but you might have to get a mounting/foot kit for the Paj. The strongest type of roof rack mounting is the type that is bolted through the roof (the roof rails are removed), but depending on what you want to do and the size of your rack it might also be feasible to clamp the rack to the existing roof rails.
Gerrit Loubser Image

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 VX TD

2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T Gone & missed :-(

1999 Nissan Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T: Gone & missed :-(

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T: SOLD
Th
ThePajeroMan

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Thank you Gerrit

I was thinking of going the track mounted route and removing the rails, was not sure on the size, what about the width or are they all the same?

Still undecided on either having the full one or just the half one, it will only be for the extra spare and some lite bulky bags.
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Gerrit Loubser wrote: The strongest type of roof rack mounting is the type that is bolted through the roof (the roof rails are removed), but depending on what you want to do and the size of your rack it might also be feasible to clamp the rack to the existing roof rails.
On this point and maybe slightly Off Topic:
I have a rack mounted on the rails on my CK 2001 model and often get asked about the strength of this setup. I have often loaded it to the hilt on long overland journeys and sometimes horribly corrugated sections, in my opinion the true test of anything, and it has lasted without a hickup. In fact I have a couple of gaps on my garage lintel where I have forgotten to take something off the roofrack before driving in, like bicycles, ladder, bags of wood, etc and so far the plaster on the garage has taken the worse knock, the rack is still in good nick and has not damaged the roof in any way, even when driving into a garage lintel!! :roll: So I am confident in advocating the use of the rails as mounting points on a CK as my experience has shown that they are quite 'sturdy' :D

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
CATS

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Back ON Topic

The rack on my LWB GLS Pajero is an Outback item and the invoice list it as follow:

Paj CK SWB 1.7m x 1.15m(Edit - originally incorectly shown as 1.5m! my apologies) F/Rail ? Could probably fit on SWB as well then, and it is the clamp on variety that goes on the factory rails as discussed in previous post.

Here is a pic

CATS
For more/bigger pictures and some other stuff on my Jero go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/cats4x4/
Th
ThePajeroMan

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 am

Thank you CATS

Your setup is exactly what I'm after! :D

What do you call those brackets that fit the rails?
CATS

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 pm

ThePajeroMan wrote:Thank you CATS

Clamps I think? This what they look like up close. They were part of the instalation as done by 4x4Megaworld. Although they were adament that two each side would do the trick I feel more comfortable with having 3 on each side.

CATS
slojo
Vehicle: 2008 Pajero 3.8 V6 SWB

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:26 pm

CATS wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 pm
ThePajeroMan wrote:Thank you CATS

Clamps I think? This what they look like up close. They were part of the instalation as done by 4x4Megaworld. Although they were adament that two each side would do the trick I feel more comfortable with having 3 on each side.

CATS
Where can I source these clamps? I don't see them on the 4x4megaworld site at all. I've emailed them a pic to see if they can help.

Anyone else I should try?

Return to “Vehicle Accessories”

Login · Register