Gen 4 Pajero rear personal light problem

gandalf
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB

Gen 4 Pajero rear personal light problem

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:12 pm

Greetings Fellow Members

I have a problem with the left hand side rear personal light in the headlining on my 2007 Gen 4 Pajero SWB, in that it remains on all the time regardless of any of the doors or tailgate being open. I have traced the problem to the push-button type switch within the unit that is actuated by pressing the lens on the one side, which enables manual switching on and off as long as the main interior light switch is not in the OFF position. The action of the switch is not a postive click on and off action as is the case with the right hand side light. One is able to push the spring loaded button and release it without any "clicking" action. I seems to be locked in the on position. I have tried to use contact cleaner in the hope that I could "unstick" something within, but to no avail.

It appears to me that this assenbly can only by removed by removing the head lining, as I suspect that it may be fastened with screws from inside the head lining. I would appreciate any advice if any other member has had a similar issue and has been able to rsolve it.

Thank you and regards.

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register